Knowing what questions to expect can be a huge advantage! Most questions will be related to these 5 categories:
- Your study plans
- Your university choice
- Your academic capability
- Your financial status
- Your post-graduation plans
Here are some sample questions during your interview.
- Why are you going to the Particular Country?
- What will you specialize in for your degree?
- What will be your major?
- Where did you go to school now?
- Who is your current employer? What do you do?
- Why are you planning to continue your education?
- Can you not continue your education in your home country?
- How will this study program relate to your past work or studies?
- How many colleges did you apply to?
- How many schools did you get admitted to?
- How many schools rejected you?
- Have you been to the US before?
- Do you know your professors at that university? What are their names?
- What city is your school located in?
- What is your monthly income?
- What is your sponsor’s annual income?
- How do you plan to fund the entire duration of your education?
- How much does your school cost?
- How will you meet these expenses?
- Who is going to sponsor your education?
- What is your sponsor’s occupation?
- How else will you cover the rest of your costs?
- Do you have a copy of your bank statements?
- Did you get offered a scholarship at your school?
- Can I see your tax returns?